Yes, PHP is still the most popular language in the fields of web development.
PHP is indeed quick and easy to learn. It is compatible with various platforms like Windows, Linux, Mac OS, etc.
It’s free and supports almost all server types and databases. There are several popular frameworks like Codeigniter and Laravel currently available. All of those are written on PHP.
PHP is the language behind all major Content Management Systems (CMS) such as WordPress and Drupal.
Benefits of PHP:
- PHP is open source and free.
- Comes pre-integrated with all server types offered by the leading hosting providers.
- PHP is cross-platform and has a great community.
- PHP is easy to implement and is a fast development language.
- Compared with other programming languages, PHP is fun to learn.
- Development of a secured platform is relatively easier than other languages.